We hope you are staying safe and well but know that many acupuncturists and practitioners are unable to work during the current situation. In response to the financial stress caused, we are reducing course fees for our 2020 intake – more information can be found here. If you have already enrolled and paid, we will be in touch regarding reimbursement.
The White Crane Academy was founded to provide a practical and practitioner led approach to learning Chinese Herbal Medicine. WCA course leaders are experienced practitioners, teachers, often researchers, who want to share their knowledge and expertise with the next generation of herbal practitioner.
Our diploma course achieves full accreditation!
Jade Screen Project – Supporting front line workers in the fight against Covid with Chinese herbal medicine
Studying Chinese herbal medicine
Watch our short 3 minute video below (and if you’d like the full 15 minute version, it’s here):
WCA’s founding principles are:
- Provides a rigorous training that ensures the fundamental building blocks of Chinese Herbal Medicine are in place.
- Ensures its teachers are clinically experienced.
- Organises excellent clinical supervision by experienced practitioners.
- Opportunity for optional clinical experience in China.
- Enables students to connect with living plants & the ecology of herbal medicines.
An introduction to Chinese Herbal Medicine
Here’s a video we shot of Dr. Andrew Flower introducing the concepts of Chinese herbal medicine to a varied audience at the International College of Oriental Medicine (ICOM) in February 2018. Andrew took us through some of his favourite herbs. We tasted them, sniffed them, discussed their individual properties and explored how they could be combined. Andrew’s enthusiasm, knowledge and wisdom had us all captivated.