The most comprehensive Chinese herbal medicine course in the UK
The White Crane Academy was founded to provide a practical and practitioner led approach to learning Chinese herbal medicine. Fully accredited by the European Herbal & Traditional Medicine Practitioners Association (EHTPA), our course offers students a pathway to the fascinating and rewarding practice of Chinese herbal medicine. White Crane Academy course leaders are experienced practitioners, teachers, often researchers, who want to share their knowledge and expertise with the next generation of herbal practitioners.
Our founding principles
- Provides a rigorous training that ensures the fundamental building blocks of Chinese herbal medicine are in place.
- Ensures its teachers are clinically experienced.
- Organises excellent clinical supervision by experienced practitioners.
- Opportunity for optional clinical experience in China.
- Enables students to connect with living plants & the ecology of herbal medicines.
Find out more about Chinese herbal medicine
In this video Dr. Andrew Flower, WCA founder and principal, introduced the concepts of Chinese herbal medicine to a varied audience at the International College of Oriental Medicine (ICOM) in February 2018. Andrew took us through some of his favourite herbs. We tasted them, sniffed them, discussed their individual properties and explored how they could be combined. Andrew’s enthusiasm, knowledge and wisdom had us all captivated.
White Crane Academy is proud to partner with the Jade Screen project – supporting front-line workers in the fight against COVID-19.