The White Crane Academy was founded to provide a practical and practitioner led approach to learning Chinese Herbal Medicine. WCA course leaders are experienced practitioners, teachers, often researchers, who want to share their knowledge and expertise with the next generation of herbal practitioner.
The White Crane Academy has successfully completed the first two stages of the rigorous EHPTA accreditation process and is awaiting final approval. When approval has been given, accreditation will be retrospective. Notable benefits of qualifying from an accredited course include wider recognition of your qualification and eligibility for membership of the RCHM.
Studying Chinese herbal medicine
Watch our short 3 minute video below (and if you’d like the full 15 minute version, it’s here):
WCA’s founding principles are:
- Provides a rigorous training that ensures the fundamental building blocks of Chinese Herbal Medicine are in place.
- Ensures its teachers are clinically experienced.
- Organises excellent clinical supervision by experienced practitioners.
- Opportunity for optional clinical experience in China.
- Enables students to connect with living plants & the ecology of herbal medicines.
An introduction to Chinese Herbal Medicine
Here’s a video we shot of Dr. Andrew Flower introducing the concepts of Chinese herbal medicine to a varied audience at the International College of Oriental Medicine (ICOM) in February 2018. Andrew took us through some of his favourite herbs. We tasted them, sniffed them, discussed their individual properties and explored how they could be combined. Andrew’s enthusiasm, knowledge and wisdom had us all captivated.