This is a repeat of our fun, action-packed introduction to the practise of Chinese herbal medicine led by Andrew Flower, Principle at the White Crane Academy.
Andrew reviews ways of characterising a herb ranging from the shamanic to bio-active compounds and discusses its application in a modern clinical setting.
We will be covering:
- A description of the key theoretical principles of herbal medicine including the flavour, temperature, actions, indications and empirical use of herbs
- An understanding of how a herbal formula is constructed
- An appreciation of what Chinese herbal medicine can treat and how it combines with acupuncture
- The current status of Chinese herbal medicine in the UK
- Safety and Chinese herbal medicine
- Home remedies that you can recommend to your family and patients
This course is free and open to anyone interested in finding out more about Chinese herbal medicine.
You can find a video shot during a previous session on our home page.
Venue: ICOM, East Grinstead
Date and time: Sunday 9th Feb 2020 – 10am – 1pm